Monday, January 17, 2011

Injured Birds


Streeter Lecka/Getty Images
ESPN NFC South Blog
 After a great regular season the Falcons were rewarded with the #1 seed in the NFC and a first round bye.  While the Packers were beating the Eagles, our dear Falcons were resting and preparing for their next game, saying and doing all the right things.  Finally Saturday night comes, both teams are ready, the GA Dome is rocking, project 115 is in full swing and we are all ready for a great game.  For the first 27 minutes of the game things looked fairly balanced but after that the wheels started to come off for the Falcons; mistake after mistake put the Falcons 14 points down in just a little over 2 minutes.  At that point the game was over! In the second half, I thought I was watching a passing clinic put on by Aaron Rodgers and it was incredible.  It was painful to watch the Atlanta defense struggle; and when I think about it, struggle, is an understatement.  If I were to channel my inner Bart Scott I would say they couldn’t stop a nose bleed.  When the Packers were moving the ball at will in the second half I noticed the talent discrepancy between the two rosters.  By the end of the game most of the Atlanta fans were gone and the season was over.  Many needs became apparent in this game for the Falcons and I would like to talk about them in my next post.  I would love to hear your opinions on the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment