Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is Musgrave Leaving?

Bill Musgrave, Matt Ryan / Getty Images
(examiner.com)
It is January and the coaching carousel is in full swing.  Multiple sources are reporting that Bill Musgrave, the Falcons assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach, is scheduled to interview with the Browns and the Vikings for the Offensive Coordinator position.  The Rams have also asked permission to talk to Musgrave about their OC opening.  I look at this news and I wonder if he will leave if offered the job in Cleveland, Minnesota or St. Louis; it will be a small step up the ladder and maybe an increase in pay but my question would be: Is it worth it?  You would be going from a franchise that is on its way up, a franchise with a stable foundation that has a bright future to a rebuilding program.  In order to succeed in the NFL you need a good QB and a good supporting cast.  When I look at Cleveland and Minnesota I don’t see a QB that can help them be a contender next year or in the future.  You would say the Rams have a good young QB and I wouldn’t disagree with you, but are you willing to go to a program where you will have growing pains and help a 2nd year QB grow? or will you stay in Atlanta and rip the benefits of the growing pains you endured the last 3 years?  These are questions only Bill Musgrave can answer.  If I were to guess, I would say he either stays in Atlanta or he takes the Rams job if offered.  I do not think the other two jobs are very appealing.  If the money is the biggest issue I am sure Mr. Blank will take care of him so he can stay with the Falcons and keep the staff intact.

No comments:

Post a Comment