Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Musgrave is a Viking!

(layoutsparks.com)
This is going to be a quick one. Bill Musgrave was hired today to be the Vikings’ Offensive Coordinator. I had a post about the possibility of Musgrave leaving yesterday and I am very surprised he left Atlanta for Minnesota. He doesn’t have a QB that he can lean on, but I guess who needs a QB when you have Adrian Peterson. Maybe the Vikings believe in Joe Webb and his development or they are thinking of drafting one. It seems I underestimated Musgrave’s desire to advance his career or maybe the money was too much to turn down. Based on how fluid the coaching jobs are in the NFL I don’t know if this promotion is a move up in the true sense of the word. I am always up for a challenge but this situation seems a little strange because you are dealing with a lot of uncertainty; the head coach is in his first year as the head man, there is the stadium issue, the team in general is ageing and yeah the QB situation. I wish him the best and I hope he didn’t make the wrong decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment